APRIL Marine is proud to be among the 2023 finalists for Insurance Business Canada’s prestigious “Outstanding Customer Experience” awards.
Each year, the magazine celebrates the industry’s most outstanding players in terms of achievement, innovation and leadership. Finalists are selected by an independent panel of judges made up of industry experts. The winners will be revealed at an awards ceremony on November 16.
Maximizing their time on the water – that’s the promise made to every boaters covered by an APRIL Marine insurance policy. As such, it is essential for us to offer exceptional service at every level.
1. Excellence in Claims Service
Our in-house claims department, staffed by claims adjusters exclusively dedicated to boating insurance, relentlessly assists policyholders who have suffered misfortune, with strict SLAs and standards of excellence:
- Direct telephone line (no automated voicemail);
- 90% of calls answered live;
- Voicemail messages returned within one day;
- Call-back within 2 hours for new claims;
- Same-day response to every e-mail.
These are just some of the reasons why we proudly won the 2021 IBC Excellence in Claims Service award.
Because the safety of our policyholders is our priority, we support them every step of the way in the event of a claim:
- An assistance service available 24/7, on the water and in port;
- A towing referral service to assist them in difficult situations;
- CLUB APRIL Marine Academy: an online nautical training platform with more than 300 videos and 150 memo cards to perfect their sailing techniques. Valued at $500, this exclusive service is offered free of charge to our policyholders, with the aim of giving them the keys to responsible boating, making their outings on the water safer and reducing the number of accidents.
3. Digital Experience
Our teams take advantage of new technologies and develop ever more effective online tools to simplify insurance:
- Member Area: a secure, personalised web app that lets you find your information and benefits in just a few clicks;
- Online claims declaration: to simplify procedures that can sometimes be stressful for policyholders, we offer them the option of submitting their claim directly online, with tracking of the processing of their file. Once the documents have been received and the file is complete, compensation is sent within 5 to 7 working days;
- Free assessment of the value of a boat: a form that can be completed directly in your insured area to help you accurately assess the market value of an asset as part of a purchase or resale project;
- PLAISANCE Mag: a bi-annual online magazine offered exclusively to our policyholders, who all share a passion for the water, to offer them insurance and boating tips.
4. Club APRIL Marine
By choosing APRIL Marine to protect their boat, our policyholders automatically become members of the APRIL Marine Club, the largest boating community in Canada with 50,000 members, and enjoy exceptional benefits and services throughout the life of their policy:
- Invitations to boating events in Ontario and Quebec (fishing tournaments, regattas, personal watercraft tours, etc.);
- Discounts negotiated exclusively for our members with some thirty partners in the boating ecosystem;
- A free concierge service available at all times to help our policyholders organise their outings on the water (hotel or restaurant reservations, nearest marina, optimised itinerary, trip preparation, etc.).
Human contact is at the heart of all our dealings, and we are always ready to listen to our customers.
With a 94% customer satisfaction rate, we are constantly looking for new ways to improve our service to our policyholders!